Monday, December 28, 2009

What More Could Happen?

Well, since we weren't going anywhere and no one could come here, we decided to have mimosas with our breakfast. We finally got Robert off the phone - everyone was calling about downed trees blocking the roads - breakfast was ready and Erin was whining about opening gifts. I just poured the mimosas and was carrying mine to the living room when I noticed a spot of water on the dining room table cloth. I looked up at the ceiling and saw water dripping in. Then I looked at the buffet and it was covered with water. We all sprung into action and removed the breakables from the buffet and Robert & Erin pushed it into the kitchen. Then I took the table cloth off and Erin took the leaves off the table so we could push it out of the way and roll up the rug. Erin grabbed containers to put under the drips and I went upstairs in the attic but didn't see any water coming through. I was glad because I didn't want to have to move all the boxes up there but then that meant the leak was probably due to ice dams (or damn ice) and that's not good.





We pretended the buffet was a kitchen island.





Erin was using the dining room as a dance floor.




We finally had all the drips falling in containers and sat down to breakfast and gift-opening.



Our favorite was this one from Grandma. Was it a sock puppet that didn't work? We talked to her later and found out it's used to put a wine bottle in and give to someone. (Don't ask Erin for wine as a gift!)

No comments: