Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Back to Detroit Then Up Again

We drove back to Detroit because Robert had to catch a flight back to Asheville. I dropped him off at Metro and went to Royal Oak to have lunch with my friends from the Royal Oak Woman's Club. On my way to Royal Oak I snuck past my old house in Detroit, 17363 Heyden. Robert hates it when I go through the 'hood but something draws me there. Our house still looks pretty good compared to the rest of the neighborhood - especially Nancy Bodner's old house next door. The siding is melted on the side facing our house. Quite a few of the houses are gone. I can't believe we fit 8 people in that house!
It was great catching up with my old group from the ROWC but too short. I haven't seen most of them since we moved.


Next stop was back up to the cabin. Sarasota Sue & Nancy were able to escape, I mean, get away and spend some time up there with me.




Sue was showing off her birthday glasses from Nancy and her latest trick - putting the wire thingy from a champagne bottle on her nose. I hope this doesn't pop up on a Ferris website by "accident!"







No trip to Lewiston is complete without having a beer at Talley's




No comments: