Monday, December 28, 2009

Merry Christmas?

Christmas morning I awoke at 6:45 to the sound of - reindeer paws on the roof? No, it was the generator purring outside the bedroom window. My first thought was, "Oh, #*&+@!!! We got the ice storm!" I got out of bed and turned on some outside lights and everything I could see was covered with ice. I waited until it started to get light and stood on the front porch and back deck and took these pictures. It was beautiful! But then I kept hearing what sounded like gunshots all around. It was the trees snapping off and breaking from the weight of the ice and limbs were falling everywhere. I sent some pictures to Bobbie so she would understand why we were postponing Christmas dinner. Then we lost cable, internet and phone.



































No comments: