Sunday, February 10, 2008

TGIF


Friday morning I went to a garden lecture at the NC Arboretum (or Arborarium in Robertspeak.) The lecture was on "Livable Landscapes" and was given by Rick Darke. He is a known author, photographer, and all-around plant person. I recently bought one of his books on woodland gardens. When we got out of the lecture at about noon it was so warm & sunny that I walked around the Arboretum for awhile before I went home.
Later that afternoon Robert & I went out to visit our house. At first glance it didn't look like much had been done the last few days. Then we noticed the stairway landing to the storage shed had been framed in and footings had been poured for the front porch and side deck and bridge to the carport. When we went inside the fireplace had been framed in. We're figuring the trusses are on order for the roof so they are getting all these other things done in the meantime.


No comments: