Thursday, February 7, 2008

Still in Deetroit


Thursday after we left Dan & Susan's we went to Jim & Monica's for dinner. Carol & Al were there, too. I thought Al might take a swing at Robert for almost killing his wife but he didn't so I guess he's OK with it. We had a delicious dinner that Monica prepared after working all day. But mostly, it was good to see them.
Friday morning Robert had appointments again so I went to meet my old Curves buddies for breakfast in Berkley. Naturally, it was snowing (oh, how I miss Michigan winters - NOT!) so it took me forever to get there. I had a good time with Lynette, Marianne and Patti. It seems they have left Curves and now go to Contours where they get a better work-out. Why didn't we figure that out while I was still there? I had a dentist appointment that afternoon then had to kill time waiting for Robert to get back from Windsor to meet me at Enterprise to drop off my rental car so I drove around Birmingham counting For Sale signs. From there we went to Holiday Market once again to pick up a few things for Superbowl - mainly, olives for Sue. Brian, the Wine Guy, gave us a tour of the new renovation. Quite impressive, I must say. We went from there to John & Lou's in Livonia and relaxed after our stressful day of driving in snow with a glass of wine. We met up for dinner at Sandy's with the crowd we were supposed to see at the Superbowl party that someone cancelled because he got a ticket to the game. We had a good time catching up with Patti (Superbowl-Goer Widow), Jan & Stimmel, Scott & Margaret and their daughter, Shannon. Oh, and John & Lou came, too.
Jeff (Superbowl-Goer) even called from his layover in Denver and bought us a round. Well, that's the LEAST he could do. I think we ended up putting all of our drinks on his tab. He'll see when the Visa bill comes in. Sorry I didn't get any pictures of everybody. Sometimes I get carried away seeing everyone and forget to take them. I guess I'll never be a professional blogger.

No comments: