Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Construction Update

We're going out of town tomorrow so thought we'd go and say good-bye to our house and see what's new. The wider part of the deck is finished on the side of the house and they have started framing in the 2nd floor. Now it looks like there is a ceiling when standing in the living room. I hope the weather is nice while we're gone so we'll see a lot more of the 2nd floor when we get back.
We're going to Detroit for a Superbowl party. Except the party was cancelled. It seems our host, Jeff Houslander, got himself a ticket for the Superbowl and didn't get one for anyone else. I guess that's OK, though, if you like the Superbowl. Everyone is happy and excited for him as if he's going to meet the President (oh, I wouldn't care about THAT either.) So, if you're a guy, it's socially acceptable to cancel your Superbowl party as long as you're going to the actual Superbowl. I could care less about the Superbowl. I just wanted to go and see my friends and have dinner with the girls like we always do. So, we're all meeting Friday night for dinner without Jeff because he'll be on his way to the Superbowl. Ha ha Jeff. We'll talk about you. Actually, to put it all in perspective (to those of us who could care less about the Superbowl,) it reminds me of the time we were going to Paris with my sister and her then-boyfriend and we had just boarded the plane and stowed our gear in the overhead compartment and were trying to get comfortable when the flight attendant paged me on the loud speaker. Robert sprung out of his seat and ran up the aisle. A few seconds later he came back grabbing his stuff telling me to come with him that we had been upgraded. I looked back at my sister and she glared at me as I tried to look helpless like I had no choice but to follow Robert. After all, an upgrade on a flight to Europe? Who WOULDN'T abandon their friends in coach. Suckers! Nobody was excited and happy for us, though. My sister has never let me forget it. It wasn't like she didn't get to go to Paris, too. She just didn't get to drink Champagne, wine from a real bottle and stretch out her legs on the way. So, now that I look at it that way, I still don't care that Jeff is going to the Superbowl and I'm not.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Did he mention that he not only gets to hang out in the box for the game, but he also gets a ticket to go down into the stands if he gets "tired" of being too far away from the action? Brat.