Sunday, July 15, 2007

Climb Every Mountain

Well, I have reached my goal! Friday morning I went out for my up-and-down walk and met a neighbor, Leslie. She was also out walking so we started walking together. She was going all the way down to the end of the road so I thought, "What the heck, if she can do it so can I." Well, she was almost running back up and I wasn't. She turned off to go down yet another road and I struggled on up. It wasn't easy, but it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. It's 1/2 mile down and then 1/2 mile UP. Now that I know I can do it, I'll do it all the time until I get in shape.
Friday Robert and I went to our property to meet with the architect, Tom Lawton. The house site has been staked off so now we can see how the cottage will fit on the lot. There was a nice breeze and it was very cool in the woods compared to the road. We were marking trees with ribbon - some to save/some to go. We realized we were walking though poison ivy and some of the trees Robert was marking had poison ivy vines growing up them. When we got home we stripped down and threw our clothes in the washer and took quick showers because we had a window salesman coming over. After he left, we went to CVS and bought poison ivy soap and showered again with that. Saturday was our annual Property Owner's Assoc. meeting at the community center at Creston. We met some of our future neighbors. After the meeting we changed our clothes and went back to the lot to mark some more trees. This time, I think we avoided most of the poison ivy. I went further down the hill (mountain) than I ever had and we found Robert's "secret view" which until then was so secret even Robert couldn't find it. It's an area further down where we want to put some chairs to sit and enjoy the view. I marked a big hickory tree with 2 ribbons so we could find it again. We went to CVS and bought more poison ivy soap and this time also bought something to put on after you break out, just in case. We're sitting here like ticking timebombs waiting to see if either one of us gets it. I guess it can take up to a week for it to appear and Robert has to get on a plane Tuesday for Italy. Won't that be fun if he breaks out then.

No comments: