Monday, July 16, 2007

Biltmore

Yesterday afternoon we decided to go to the Biltmore Estate to check out biking trails. Robert is itching to get a new bike and ride around here. He's talking about riding on the Parkway but everyone I see riding on the Parkway looks to be in very good shape. We bought a day pass and went to the bike trails. They have 1 paved trail suitable for road bikes so Robert rode his bike on the trail and I walked it. I could ride the trail on my town bike, no problem. It's 3.5 miles round trip so he road it twice and I walked one-way. It follows the French Broad River and ends up at a lagoon with a beautiful view of the house. It was nice and cool by the lagoon and people were there having picnics or just sitting and reading and relaxing. As I was walking with the river beside me and mountains behind me, I thought, "Sure beats Huntington Woods." Robert picked me up in the car and we decided to buy a 12-month pass. We went to the Winery to do that and, of course, got our free tastings. If we make too many trips in for our free tastings they'll probably start recognizing us so we'll have to come up with some disguises. After that we sat outdoors at the Arbor Grill and had a glass of wine and a snack. It was nice.

No comments: