Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Busy

I've been so busy I haven't had time for my "blob." Let's see, Friday night we went out to dinner downtown to a sushi bar then went to a tapas (not topless) bar for a glass of wine and tapas. Saturday we went down to Bobbie's in Simpsonville. We went to Total Wine (huge discount wine store) and stocked up for FinnFest. Then we had dinner at Bobbie's. Sunday we went into downtown Greenville and had lunch. We had a nice time. On the way home we stopped at this architectural warehouse to look at things for our house. We found a few doors and leaded glass windows so may return for a 2nd look. Robert left Monday for Detroit so I've been on my own. Tuesday, Cathy (landlady) and I went to a nursery nearby to get some perennials for the garden. On the way home I showed her the Giant Pig. She was impressed. We went home and planted the flowers. It was very hot & humid. We went to dinner and a movie later. We went to a Mexican restaurant to see if their tamales were up to Evie's standards but they weren't. I may have to have Evie's ship them to me. We saw the movie Once. We both liked it a lot. The music in it was great. We went to the Fine Arts Theater in downtown Asheville. Very cute art theater and they serve beer! Red Stripe even! I didn't have one but it's just good to know. Wednesday I had to go to Black Mountain for some banking and to look at windows at the local lumber yard. I drove to our property to make sure it was still there and it was. Today I went to 2 architectural salvage places to look at doors and leaded windows for our house. I found some good possibilites so will continue looking. It's beautiful outside right now with the sun setting and there is a wonderful breeze so I have the windows open to enjoy the fresh air.

No comments: