Saturday, February 6, 2010

Erin Moves to Greenville

Erin moved into her own apartment in downtown Greenville in January. We started by making a trip to Ikea in Charlotte. Erin wanted a bed and we were buying it for Christmas/Birthday. I know you're not supposed to buy combo gifts for your kids when their birthday just happens to be close to Christmas but when they want expensive things - tough rocks.


We had lunch in the cafeteria. Erin got the Swedish meatballs & gravy. This was a real treat for her because I NEVER made meatballs for her because to me they are just little meatloafs in disguise.

We passed through Gaffney, SC, home of the big peach butt in the sky.




Miss Bobbie and I volunteered to help Erin set up her kitchen. I took a load of her boxes and we went to see her new place. The sleeping closet (aka the bedroom) was painted a dark brown and kind of gave me the willies. I made the mistake of saying if it were my place I wouldn't sleep in that room until it was painted. The 3 of us ended up painting it the next day.















The following weekend Erin and Cousin Michael showed up at our house with a U-Haul. She finally got all her crap out of our house!










The next day Robert and I went over and helped her put things together and get organized.














Robert hung the curtain to her sleeping closet.




The following weekend Bill made his annual trip down for Martin Luther King weekend.


Of course, it didn't take long for Erin to get a cat.


This is my itty-bitty grandkitty, Smitty.














































Isn't he adorable?









No comments: