Thursday, October 2, 2008

Reminiscing

We left the cabin on Tuesday and headed for Detroit. Robert had to make a sales call in Livonia and we were spending the night in a hotel in Troy and having dinner with (brother) Dan and Susan. I convinced Robert to drive through the "hood" on the way. Can you name what these are pictures of? I took them from the car. Robert wouldn't slow down enough for me to get a picture of my old house.


#1 The old Redford Library where we used to go all the time. Now an African museum. Still looks good. At least it's being preserved.
#2 Redford High School. Boarded-up and empty. At one time my aspiration there was to climb out the girls' bathroom window onto the roof with a girl named Zee. We got yelled at.
#3 Emerson Elementary/Junior High. If you can read the sign, it says uniforms required. Glad they didn't have that rule when I was there. Probably because they didn't have that red sign, either.

No comments: