Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Moonshine Junction

I know I'm behind on my blog so I'll try to catch up.

A week ago Sunday we had nothing better to do so we took a ride down to Lake Lure to have a drink outside at Larkin's on the Lake. We've been to that restaurant a few times but always in the winter, rain, etc. and each time said, "We should come back here in the summer so we can sit outside and have a drink on the lake." So we did. And a snack, too.
On the way there we stopped at Moonshine Junction. We have passed Moonshine Junction a few times but it was off-season and not open. For some reason, the place intrigued me and when we saw it was open I yelled, "STOP!" I went inside and they had all kinds of souveniers. Authentic hillbilly slingshots and peeshooters, jewelry, hand-made birdhouses, honey, jams & jellies, all kinds of metal hooks & hangers with bears and other local and non-local animals on them, t-shirts, antiques (junk) and much, much more. Everything but moonshine. It wasn't even at a junction. More like in the middle of a hair-pin curve in the road. They did have some interesting lawn art, though.



No comments: