Thursday, June 26, 2008

Back in Royal Oak

I went back to the cabin on Sunday after the wedding. On Monday, Robert and I went down to Detroit. He had a dinner meeting that night so I tagged along and had dinner at Monica & Jim's. Monica fed us well, as usual. Jim's daughter was there and Monica's sister, Cindy, stopped by after dinner. Robert came back to pick me up and he hadn't had much for dinner so we went to Mon Jin Lau ("the Lounge") so I could have my favorite spicy shrimp tempura rolls and he had dinner. We were conveniently staying at the Courtyard next door. The next day we went to Somerset Mall. It was as if I never left. We shopped a bit and had lunch at J. Alexander's so I could have another favorite, chicken pasta soup. From there we hit Royal Oak. I just had to see if Lotus Imports had anything I couldn't live without and they didn't so we went back up to the cabin.

No comments: