Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day

Mother's Day (or Mother's Day Weekend as it turned out to be) was great. It started on Friday afternoon when we pulled in our driveway and I spotted a box sitting by our door from Better Made Chips. I was afraid to get too excited for fear someone might be playing a cruel joke on me. But they weren't! It was a gift from my favorite kid, Erin. Four Family Size! WooHoo!
Since I knew I wouldn't see Erin or my mother on Mother's Day I called in the Baddest Mother I know to celebrate the day with me - my sister, Bobbie. She arrived Saturday afternoon and before we knew it, diamond tiaras sprouted from our heads and Robert was serving us Prosecco and cooking us dinner! We tried to stop him but he insisted on waiting on us. The next morning the same thing happened. Diamond tiaras and breakfast. Bobbie left in the afternoon and once again, Robert insisted on making me my traditional Mother's Day dinner, grilled lobster tail. It was indeed the best Mother's Day ever.

1 comment:

Erin said...

WAAAAAAIT a minute. How could it be the best Mother's Day ever if I wasn't there?