Monday, October 22, 2007

Friday Night Out


Friday Robert kept bugging and bugging me so finally, I said, "OK! We'll go to the craft show!" It was the 30th Annual Southern Highlands Guild Craft Show (or something like that) at the Asheville Civic Center. We actually found it without any trouble. We're getting pretty good at doing that. Anyway, we walked through it in record time and bought a tile trivet from the Asheville Tile Co. We saw a few other things that we might have bought if we had a house but since that was the 3oth craft show there's a pretty good bet there will be a 31st so decided some things could wait a year. Before we even got out Robert asked if I wanted to go to the wine bar at the Grove Arcade. Somehow I knew that was behind his going to the craft show without crying so like the agreeable, obedient wife I am, I said yes. As luck would have it the Grove Arcade was practically around the corner and we passed by one of my old haunts on the way. We also passed the St. Lawrence Basilica which is across from the Civic Center.


No comments: