Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Front Page News, Southern Style

I think we finally have everything unpacked that we're going to use here and put away. We hung the last pictures yesterday and I went to Lowes and bought some plants for the livingroom. It's finally feeling more like home. Now to find a new "routine." Robert has been disappearing every morning after breakfast to his office upstairs and pretending to work. Yesterday I was able to sit down and work the crossword puzzle for the first time. I've been saving them up so have quite a stack to go through. We get the paper delivered here every morning and it's left in the driveway. Robert said he wants to be like Tony Soprano and go out in his bathrobe and get it. I hope he either ties it shut tightly or wears something underneath because we do have neighbors. Next he'll want to wake up one morning and get himself a gun.
The Asheville Citizen Times is kind of a refreshing change from the Detroit Free Press. Instead of the front page news being "13 die in house fire on the East side/5 more killed in random drive-by" there was an article on the front page last week about 38 hogs dying in a roll-over on I-40. I guess if I have to read about multiple lives being lost I'd rather it be hogs. I was looking in the classifieds on Sunday for a job for Erin and found one for a cemetery in search of individual for lawn mowing and weed eating. We were wondering if you have to bring your own goat.

No comments: