Friday, February 20, 2009

Let's Get Physical

So, we've been keeping up on our walking & hiking. One day I got Robert to walk up to the swing with me. George & Theresa have a house about a mile past the swing so they walked down and met us there. A few days later I walked all the way to George & Theresa's house. My goal is go all the way to the community center at the top of the mountain. Robert's goal is to not go with me. It seems like our walks are always my idea. It usually goes something like this:

Me: "Robert, darling, would you like to take a walk with me?"
Robert: "I would but I have a lot of calls to make."
Me: "Speaking of calls, the nursing home called and they have an opening."
Robert: "I'll get my coat."

An article in the newpaper caught my eye last week. The headline read, "Wife Exercises Husband to Death." I called it to Robert's attention and then went on to read how she did it. The 41-year-old wife and 73-year-old husband were in a swimming pool and she wouldn't let him get out. The article didn't explain where the pool was - if it was in their backyard, at the neighborhood Y or what, but for some reason there was a video of the whole thing. It showed the husband trying to get out of the pool 43 times and the wife kept pushing him back in. Then she was dragging him around in the pool by his ankles. After he finally got out of the pool he had a heart attack and died. The article went on to tell how the wife USED to be a man until she had a sex-change operation and at that time changed her last name to Newton-John because she admired the singer and liked the movie Grease. After reading that, Robert certainly has nothing to complain about. He knows I'm hopelessly devoted to him.

No comments: