Thursday, November 15, 2007

Lounge Lizards

Last weekend I went to Hawaii with Carol and Nancy. Here is a picture of us at a luau. JUST KIDDING! I know it LOOKS like we're in Hawaii. Actually, I got a wild hair up my ass and decided to go to Detroit. It all started when Nancy sent me an email telling me she and Sue and Sue's sister, Denise, were going to see Leon Russell at the Magic Bag Theater in Ferndale. They go there to see him all the time and I have never gone. Well, that didn't bother me until she told me she was staying at the Courtyard next to Mon Jin Lau (aka "The Lounge") and would have her picture taken eating spicy shrimp tempura rolls and send it to me. Now, them's fightin' words! She also said I would be getting an invitation to her 50th (she's old) birthday party at her brother's house in Lowell the Saturday after Thanksgiving even though she knew I couldn't come because we were having company. Well, I showed her! I came up for the weekend instead! Robert booked my flight Thursday and Nancy picked me up from Metro around 2:30 Friday afternoon. We stopped at Holiday Market to pick up some of our favorite snacks and headed to the hotel. We were meeting Sue and Denise at 5:00 and we were starving and couldn't wait to get to the Lounge. We were driving up Lincoln and as we passed Knowles I was showing Nancy where Carol's son, David, lives and Carol's car was parked in front! I knew she would kill me if she knew I was in town and was that close to her so we turned around and went to see Carol for "two minutes." Well, there's no such thing as seeing Carol for 2 minutes especially since it took longer than that for her to recover from her heart attack after seeing me at the door (she didn't know I was coming into town.) She was waiting for Big Al to call because his car had broken down and she wouldn't stop talking so we just took her with us. We ran out the door telling Dave, "Take care of your father - he's your monkey now!" So, here are some pictures of us waiting for Sue & Denise and Nancy's mess after she ate.


No comments: