Friday, August 17, 2007

Home Again, Home Again

Oops! Disregard that last entry. My overly-large baby finger accidentally hit the enter key before I was finished typing.
We're home from Michigan. We were gone about 3 weeks. It was good to be back in the state of my birth. We took 2 days to drive up and stayed at a "pet friendly" hotel in Piqua, Ohio on the way. We drove through Detroit so I could make a stop at Evie's for dozens of delicious tamales and then made a quick stop at Holiday Market before heading up to the cabin. Bobbie, Bill and Erin arrived the next night. They were so excited about FinnFest they came early. FinnFest was very festive, as usual. Everyone was gone by Monday then we had a visitor on Tuesday. Nan, from Cross Village (Carol Morehead's sister) came to swim (float around on noodle seats drinking beer.) It was in the 90's so the swim was refreshing. The next day, Nancy & Don came down from the U.P. and we swam again. They stayed the night. Friday Robert & I headed down to Detroit for a wedding. We stayed at the Hotel Baronette in my favorite town, Novi. We had dinner at the Stimmel's Friday night. Saturday was the wedding and the reception was at the hotel. Everything was very nice and we got to see a lot of our friends. Sunday we headed to the Morehead's and Monica & Jim came too, and Sarasota Sue showed up later. We had a delicious dinner and had a great time. We stayed up too late and drank too much wine - CAROL!!! Robert had to make some sales calls the next day so Carol and I just hung around and watched Big Al have a hangover. Robert & I went back up to the cabin that night. We had a few days to get some things done around the cabin then Nick came up on Friday with his girlfriend, Caylee (sp?) Sarasota Sue & Roger came up Saturday. Roger brought some fish that he caught and pan-fried it for us. We all ate too much. Nick & Caylee left Sunday morning and Sue & Raj hung around until later and helped us clean out the refrigerator. The next morning I was at the laundromat with mountains of dirty sheets & towels when it opened at 8 and Robert went to the dump. We got the cabin cleaned and hit the road with our Travelin' Cat Show by 11:30. We spent the night at the same hotel in Piqua and were home by dinner time on Tuesday. I brought home 6 Family Size. I hope it lasts me until I can make another trip up.
That was our trip in a nutshell. Robert is on his way to the airport to pick up his son, Rob, and Susan, Megan and Robbie. They'll be here for over a week so I'll try to get some FinnFest and up north pix on when I can.

No comments: